Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Console Gaming (No. 38)

I did play these "retro" games growing up. I remember Atari: Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Galaga, Centipede, the Pac Man family. Oh, the games I used to play. I played with the NES, duck hunt, pole position, super mario bros. As for the skills I acquired: hand eye coordination, quick thinking, tenacity, perseverance. I learned that there was not a single solution to a problem, how to go back, start over and try new combinations to reach a more profitable solution.

As for console gaming in the libary. Any of the three would be sufficient to use. Being able to network consoles together would allow library users to work together or compete withing the game. Having a large selection of games to choose from is also a major plus, but should detract from the usefulness of newer game systems. Interactivity is also a plus, anything that will get people out of their chairs and interacting with each other is a plus is my book. So which one whould I get for the library? As it stands I probably would get the Playstation 3 because it can also play high def blu-ray discs and I am told it can play ps2 games as well. So it has the game selection. But I would love to get a wii because of the remote feature. I don't like being tied to the console and I am sure it is going to catch up in the game selection category the longer it is available. Now if it could only play blu-ray movies.

No comments: