Friday, August 29, 2008

Fitness No. 40

I have done all the steps in this little activity and I can't say that I am surprised by the numbers. I know all those things because I go to the gym every morning, but it does sting. I don't believe that numbers are always the way to interpret one's health. Health is more than just weighing a certain amount and working out so much in a day. While my weight may not be the "ideal" for everyone else, I don't feel like I am dying every minute.

I do plan to change the way I eat, but not to fix numbers. I don't want to obsess or become consumed by the numbers. I want to eat healthier, try new recipes and develop more adult tastes than I have now. I do plan to exercise more (mostly by playing tennis), but again, not because of any numbers that someone else makes up for what is ideal. I want to because I enjoy playing.

No comments: