Thursday, August 30, 2007

FLICKR!!!

I love playing with flickr mashups. I google Flickr mashups because honestly, I did not have a clue what a mashup was (and still at this moment, only understand that it is when you put two things together that normally wouldn't be) and got a hit back about "Ten Best Flickr Mashups." From here, I found Retrievr, Fastr, Colr Pickr and FlickrFling. I love 'em!!

Retrievr is so cool! You draw a picture, yes, draw and Retrievr fetches pictures that resemble what you drew. It's too much fun! Colr Pickr brings pictures to you that present an overall color that you pick, ranges and shades, light to dark. It is an awesome tool if you are creating an image made of images. FlickrFling takes headlines and finds pictures from Flickr with a tag that matches the stories. Word by word, images appear over the text of the story.

But my favorite is Fastr! It's an awesome guessing game where eight to ten pictures appear and you have to guess which tag is common to all of them. The quicker you guess the right answer, the more points you get. It is totally awesome, though I wish it would move on to a new challenge when you guess right.

No comments: