Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Web According to Google 86: Calendar and Documents

 

The Web According to Google #86: Calendar and Documents

1.  Create a calendar in Google Calendar and try adding some events or tasks to it. How do you think you would use Google Calendar in the workplace or at home? Do you think you would find it helpful to share calendars with coworkers, friends, or family?

        I have created a Google Calendar before.  I haven't really used it with a friend or family, but it would be helpful. 

2.  Try creating a file Google Docs and uploading one from your computer. Can you see yourself using Google Docs in addition to or instead of a desktop office application? Why or why not?

    No.  It is next to impossible to use.  I was unable to upload a document and had to copy and paste and then edit the document I wound up saving.  I prefer using Zoho for materials that I am going to post on my blog.  (In fact, that is what I am using right now.)  The typing was also slow to respond and there was something weird about the tab and lines.  I think Google needs to tweak this app a little bit more.

No comments: